Indoor Air Quality Amarillo, Texas
Need for Indoor Air Quality
According to the EPA, indoor air is 2 to 6 times more polluted than the air outdoors. Indoor concentrations of some pollutants have increased in recent decades due to such factors as energy-efficient building construction ( when it lacks sufficient mechanical ventilation to ensure adequate air exchange) and increased use of synthetic building materials, furnishings, personal care products, pesticides, and household cleaners. With most people spending as much as 90% of their time indoors, the quality of air inside of homes, schools, and businesses has become a major concern.
Effects Of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Health effects associated with indoor air pollutants include:
- Irritation of eyes, nose and throat.
- Headaches, dizziness, and fatigue.
- Respiratory diseases, heart disease, and cancer.
- Allergies and asthma
- Spread of flu, colds and other diseases
Eliminate individual sources of pollutants or reduce their emission where possible. Don’t smoke in your home. Use solid wood products or alternative materials in place of wood products that are a likely source of formaldehyde. Use your stove vent while cooking. Using bathroom vents when showering. Clean and dry areas with microbial growth and fix any moisture related problems. Ventilate when using products that can release pollutants into the air. Inspect fuel burning appliances regularly and consider installing a carbon monoxide alarm.
Introduce Fresh Air
AccuExchange™ Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV)
Energy Recovery Ventilators are connected to the duct work of your HVAC system or ducted independently to rooms in your home. ERV’s solve the problem of a well-sealed home that holds the coveted heated or cooled air inside but also bottles up undesirable pollutants in the air supply.The AccuExchange™ ERV exchanges stale indoor air and provides heated and humidified fresh air in a more efficient and consistent manner than opening a window. In the Winter, heat and moisture are transferred from the exhaust air back into the incoming fresh air. In the summer, AccuExchange™ removes heat and moisture from outdoor air to provide fresh, cooled, dehumidified air to your home.
Benefits Of AccuExchange™ ERV
We believe that an indoor environment is optimized when fresh air is introduced into the home in a regular and controlled manner.
- 87% of homeowners are unaware that pollution inside their homes may be worse than outside.
- Children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults, so they’re especially sensitive to air quality problems.
- Indoor pollution sources release gases called VOCs ( Volatile Organic Compounds) into the air. They are a primary cause of indoor air quality problems in the home.
Features of AccuExchange™ ERV
- High efficiency cross-flow energy transfer core recovers heat and moisture from the outgoing air during cold weather. During hot, humid weather, it pre-cools and dehumidifies incoming air.
- High performance motor engineered with permanently lubricated bearings for low maintenance and long life.
- Easily accessed, slide-out filter, for quick cleaning with a household vacuum cleaner.
- Sturdy, 20 gauge, metal cabinet with scratch-resistant, high gloss finish.
- Flexible mounting installs easily in attic, garage or basement, in virtually any position.
- Adjustable control provides automatic timed ventilation, plus manual control for more ventilation if needed.
Filter The Air
AccuClean™ Whole-Home Air Filtration System - EAC
Electronic air cleaners ( EACs) utilize electricity to change particles as they pass through the air cleaner. The charged particles are trapped on collector plates. By design, EACs are more capable of capturing smaller particles like smoke and small bacteria than media air cleaners. People with acute medical needs that call for an air cleaner will typically realize greater health benefits with an EAC.
Benefits Of AccuClean™ Whole-Home Air Filtration System
- With AccuClean™, you get up to 99.98% cleaner air, and so much more.
- Clean air: AccuClean™ filters the air about 7 times per day throughout your entire home. This means that airborne particles, like dust, pollens, pet dander, and even viruses will be trapped in the AccuClean™ and not in your lungs.
- Efficiency: Removes up to 99.98% of airborne particulate and allergens down to .3 microns from the filtered air in your home. So you get cleaner air, and more of it.
- Ozone: Designed with your health in mind. That is why ozone output from the AccuClean™ is 10x less than the recommended standard allowed by the FDA.
- Reliability: Extraordinary 10-year registered limited warranty on functional parts.
Features Of AccuClean™ Whole-Home Air Filtration System
- Available in seven different cabinet sizes to match your American Standard System
- Pre-filter captures larger particules and extends the collection cell cleaning interval.
- Power Door provides easy for cleaning. The front panel displays power indicator and filter status lights. Safety interlocks power down the system if the door is opened while AccuClean™ is on.
- Heavy 18-gauge steel cabinet provides attractive and durable protection for electronics and filter components.
- Reusable Collection Cells
- Field Charger charges incoming particles so they adhere to the collection cells. This patented process is what allows AccuClean™ to remove up to 99.98% of particles down to .1 micron that pass through it.
Purify The Air
REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifier
The award winning REME HALO® whole home in-duct air purifier is the next generation of indoor air quality (IAC) technology and capable of purifying every cubic inch of air that your central air conditioning system reaches. Designed to eliminate sick building syndrome risks by reducing odors and air pollutants, the REME HALO® whole home in-duct air purifier is the best solution for whole house and building purification.
Invented to recreate nature’s process of purifying the air, it’s like brining fresh outdoor air inside without ever having to open your windows. And it’s effective against all three categories of indoor air pollutants: Particles, Microbial and Gases.
How The REME HALO® Works
The REME HALO® is installed in your AC System. When the unit turns on it produces Ionized-Hydrogen Peroxide molecules that are distributed to every cubit foot of air in your entire home. Everytime an ionized-hydrogren peroxide comes into contact with bacteria, viruses, mold spores, VOC’s and odor – it quickly breaks down and destroys the air quality contaminant. The system also passes of a charge off to all the dust, dander, pollen and particulates in the air which causes them to stick together. That increase in size will make your existing filter equipment more efficient at capturing these particals.
Benefits Of REME HALO®
- Dual ionizes to reduce airborne particulates (dust, dander, pollen, mold spores
- Kills up to 99% of bacteria, mold, and viruses
- REME HALO® reduces sneeze germs by 99% in the time a sneeze can reach three feet
- New Zinc ions kill 99% of viruses on surfaces
- Provides whole home and building purification
- Incorporates an adjustable shroud around REME HALO® cell, which allows customization of the advanced oxidation plasma output
Applications For REME HALO®
Control Humidity Of The Air
Balancing humidity levels in your home is important to do. Too much moisture in the air can be a breading ground for mold, spores, pests, viruses and bacteria that can irritate your lungs and increase allergy and asthma symptoms. Not having enough moisture in the air can cause health issues, damage your home, and increase utility bills especially in the winter. Dry air lends itself to increased dust and dust mites, as well as viruses and the flu. An ideal humidity of 30%-50% should be the goal year round.
We have multiple products that assist in controlling humidity in your home.
Indoor Air Quality Services For Amarillo, TX Homes
We offer complete indoor air quality services for all Amarillo, Texas and surrounding area homes.
- Installation and repair of whole home air purification systems
- Installations of air filtration systems
- Ultraviolet air disinfection
- Whole house furnace humidifiers
- Carbon monoxide detector systems
- HEPA filters and air purification